The mission of the Pharmacy Department at St. Francis Hospital is to provide safe and effective medication-related care to our patients, by careful review, preparation and dispensing of medications in an accurate, safe and timely manner. We seek to partner with our patients and healthcare colleagues in order to achieve optimal medication therapy, both therapeutically and economically. Over 99% of our patients say they would recommend St. Francis Hospital to a friend. Our professional pharmacists are an integral part of the interdisciplinary team that contributes to this outstanding patient satisfaction rating.
Prescription for a Rewarding Career
The average length of service for a St. Francis pharmacist is 11 years. Our pharmacy staff works in a challenging and professionally stimulating environment that includes:
- Computerized dispensing and clinical services
- 24-hour unit dose exchange
- Unique patient population services
- Around-the-clock services
- Modern environment
- Inpatient/outpatient pharmacies
- Innovative unit-based pharmacist program
- Investigational drug studies
- Team member care rounds
- Full IV additive program
- Interdisciplinary committee involvement
- Clinical resource library
- Educational affiliation with several colleges of pharmacy
- Department-based CE program
For more information on career opportunities call (516) 705-6550.
St. Francis Ranks Among the Best
U.S. News & World Report once again ranks St. Francis the Top Hospital on Long Island, as well as High Performing in five specialties.
Best Nurses, Magnet Recognized
St. Francis Hospital has earned the coveted Magnet award for excellence in nursing.