Cardiac Outreach Program
Welcome from the Director
I’m pleased to welcome you to the Outreach Program at St. Francis Hospital. We pride ourselves on providing high quality, dignified care to those who would otherwise not be able to access the health care system.
Our goal is to provide the best care possible to everyone and to educate the public about the prevention of heart disease. Please take the opportunity to go through the links on this page for further information.
Cardiac Outreach Program - An Overview
Since 1989, our program has been dedicated to this mission. We specialize in risk factor assessment and the early detection of heart disease in underserved communities where patients may not have access to care.
We also seek to educate communities through literature and referrals to community health programs.
- To see if you are eligible, reference the eligibility requirements at the bottom of the page.
- If you are interested in hosting a site, call (516) 629-6653
- For more information about our community health programs, call (516) 629-2038
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Heart Murmurs
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Be 18 years old or older.
- Not be currently (within the last 6 months) under the care of a physician or clinic.
- Not be covered by Medicare insurance.
- Not be covered by Medicaid insurance, or if have Medicaid, must not be currently seen on a regular basis in a clinic or by a private physician.
- Not be taking prescription medication(s).
- Not be able to afford the cost of a medical checkup, paid out of pocket (approximately $75 for the physical exam and $200-300 for lab work & EKG).
- Not have been previously screened by the SFH Cardiac Outreach Program.
St. Francis Ranks Among the Best
U.S. News & World Report once again ranks St. Francis the Top Hospital on Long Island, as well as High Performing in five specialties.
Best Nurses, Magnet Recognized
St. Francis Hospital has earned the coveted Magnet award for excellence in nursing.