The Surgical Oncology unit plays a pivotal role at the Cancer Institute, providing outstanding surgical care to our patients through a multi-disciplinary team approach to treatment.
Our surgeons understand that a cancer diagnosis produces anxiety and fear, both for the patient and their loved ones. We strive to ease your concerns by providing personalized, compassionate care delivered by Board-Certified surgeons who have achieved the highest level of skill and expertise.
The Surgical Oncology unit provides surgical management of gastrointestinal and soft tissue malignancies. The gastrointestinal malignancies we treat include esophageal, stomach, pancreas, liver, colon and rectal cancers. The soft tissue malignancies we treat include melanomas, sarcomas, and breast cancer.
Why patients choose to have surgery at the Cancer Institute at St. Francis Hospital:
- We provide close-to-home access to one of the most advanced and comprehensive surgical oncology programs in our community.
- We offer a full complement of the most advanced surgical procedures and techniques, performed by surgeons with exceptional qualifications and experienced. Whenever possible, your surgical oncologist uses minimally invasive laparoscopy to evaluate and treat tumors. This means smaller incisions with less postoperative pain and an earlier return home.
- Our clinical outcomes are consistently excellent compared to national benchmarks.
- We provide a truly multidisciplinary approach to care, with teams made up of all the appropriate specialists – medical and radiation oncologists, pathologists, radiologists, registered nurses, other clinicians and social workers – to work together to determine the best course of treatment for each individual patient.
- We are engaged in clinical trials to advance surgical methods of diagnosing and treating cancer.
For more information about Surgical Oncology, please call (516) 627-5262.
The Sid Jacobson JCC offers exercise programs that energize and strengthen cancer survivors, plus counseling sessions, workshops, and more. Right next door to the Cancer Institute and ready to walk with you!
Nursing at St. Francis
Work with the best
The Sid Jacobson JCC offers exercise programs that energize and strengthen cancer survivors, plus counseling sessions, workshops, and more. Right next door to the Cancer Institute and ready to walk with you!Learn more