Nine St. Francis Physicians Make New York Magazine’s Latest Best Doctors List
Roslyn, New York, May 31, 2019 – St. Francis Hospital has nine physicians on New York Magazine’s 2019 Best Doctors list. The popular, yearly list is generated by Castle Connolly, the publisher of America’s Top Doctors, which is widely recognized as one of the most authoritative guides to the best physicians in the nation.
New York Magazine’s complete list can be accessed at: http://nymag.com/bestdoctors/
Congratulations to the following physicians who made the 2019 list:
- Gary Gecelter, M.D. (Surgery)
- Joseph H. Levine, M.D. (Cardiac Electrophysiology)
- Douglas M. Luxenberg, D.O. (Pediatric Cardiology)
- Bhoomi Mehrotra, M.D. (Medical Oncology)
- Philip Ragone, M.D. (Neurology)
- Bruce Seideman, M.D. (Orthopedic Surgery)
- Richard A. Shlofmitz, M.D. (Cardiovascular Disease)
- Peter D. Stein, M.D. (Hand Surgery)
- David Wertheim, M.D. (Allergy & Immunology)
Who picks the doctors?
A New York City research and information company, Castle Connolly Medical Ltd., publishes an annual guidebook, Top Doctors: New York Metro Area, which lists those whom Castle Connolly has determined to be in the top 10 percent of the region’s physicians – nearly 7,500 in all. For the past nineteen years, Castle Connolly has been providing New York Magazine with a shorter version of this list for the magazine’s “Best Doctors” issue. Space prohibits the magazine from publishing the full list; this year it includes 1,390 physicians in every specialty.
Contact: Rosemary Gomez, 516-563-7965, email@example.com